Located in the city of Patiala, Bahadurgarh Fort is an ancient historical fort which was constructed in 1658 CE. Originally built by Nawab Saif Khan, it was later renovated and remodelled by Maharaja Karam Singh in 1837. Sprawling over an area of 21 sq. km., the fort was named after the ninth Sikh Guru- Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur. Boasting of two ramparts and a moat, it is built in a circular shape. Besides a Gurudwara in the fort complex that goes by the name of Gurudwara Sahib Patshai Navin, there is also a mosque setting a perfect example of peaceful coexistence. In addition to being a popular tourist attraction, the fort premises are currently used for the Punjab Police Commando Training School.